The San Francisco 49ers are the defending NFC Champions and are considered to be one of the favorites to win the SuperBowl.
However, their season is not off to a good start due to some key injuries. Former first rounder, WR Michael Crabtree, has been bitten my the injury bug and will miss a majority of the upcoming season due to a torn Achilles.
Now the hard-hitting, centerpiece of the Niner’s stout defense, Patrick Willis, faces a broken hand. While the injury is not supposed to keep him out for long, there could be lingering effects that could curtail his ability to perform.
While that is merely speculation, it would be a advisable to have the team exercise caution with Willis.
- Report: 49ers DB Chris Culliver tears ACL, out for season (cbssports.com)
- Chris Culliver injury: 49ers CB suffers torn ACL (sbnation.com)
- Niners fear “slight fracture” in hand for Patrick Willis (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Report: 49ers’ Chris Culliver tears ACL, out for season (tracking.si.com)
- Top 32 NFL Power Rankings Countdown – No. 1 – San Francisco 49ers (fanonfiresportswire.com)