This would not be the first time that someone of latin american descent has sang the national anthem/god bless america and recieved criticism, not for forgetting lyrics nor singing poorly, but being latin american.
In fact, it happened to an 11 year old during the NBA Finals and happened to Marc Anthony during the MLB’s All-Star game in Citi Field. First, lets look at some of these inbred, degenerate, I mean, ‘murican patriots tweets here:
Not only is this disgusting but completely not true. Marc Anthony was actually born in New York and is not Mexican, but Puerto Rican. Even in the case of him being mexican or puerto rican and not being a citizen, he is still American, as in South AMERICA or Central AMERICA.
Come on people.
- The Marc Anthony Internet Reaction: Did Jackie Robinson Teach Us Nothing? (ericsdodgersblog.wordpress.com)
- Marc Anthony responds to hateful tweets: ‘You can’t get more New York than me’ (nbclatino.com)
- Alien Nation (boyculture.com)
- Marc Anthony reminds people he’s American, too (herald-review.com)
- Marc Anthony reminds people he’s American, too (journaltimes.com)