Metta World Peace, the artist previously known as Ron Artest, has signed with the Knicks on a two year deal. After flirting with the possibility of joining the AFL or a pro basketball team, Peace has found his…. inner peace with the New York Knicks.
Having been born in Queens, New York, this is a real homecoming, unlike what the Knicks tried to make Carmelo Anthony‘s homecoming.
Metta brings a lot of baggage with him, and with the combination of J.R. Smith and the lack of good character guys on the team, it can certainly turn sour for the team. He does however give them toughness and a defensive minded player, both of which the Knicks severely lacked.
Here he is signing his two year deal worth 1.6 million (in addition to the buyout money he got from L.A. Lakers)
He also chose his number earlier today, number 51. Here is his explanation of why:
- Metta World Peace Signs With New York Knicks (blacksportsonline.com)
- Metta World Peace to Sign With the New York Knicks (slamonline.com)
- Metta World Peace Is Heading Home (swickass.wordpress.com)
- Report: Knicks ‘strong frontrunners’ for Metta World Peace (tracking.si.com)
- Game Changer: Metta World Peace Signs to New York Knicks (atlantablackstar.com)