If you were to ask NBA fans what their impression of injured Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose is right now, you would get a mixed response. I can guarantee that most of the fans would call Rose soft or selfish. While it is puzzling why he was medically cleared to return to play basketball, but did not play for any of the regular season or, more notably so, the postseason.
You could argue that his return in the postseason could have been of detriment to the Chicago Bulls as the team was playing well heading into the playoffs and the introduction of Derrick Rose would have thrown off the chemistry of the team.
For me, I look forward to see how Rose returns from his knee surgery. Will he be able to return to form? Or has the knee injury sapped his explosiveness?
Watch the following video which acts as a trailer for Rose’s return to the Chicago Bulls and to the NBA, with some audio from the latest Star Trek movie:
- Derrick Rose On Injury: ‘I Had To Be Selfish’ (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Derrick Rose bombed his own individual press conference (thesportsbank.net)
- ‘I had to be selfish,’ Bulls’ Derrick Rose says in video (suntimes.com)
- NBA Superstar Derrick Rose — Are You Still Limping? (tmz.com)
- Derrick Rose Visits Serbia (PHOTOS) (slamonline.com)
- Derrick Rose Visits Croatia (PHOTOS) (slamonline.com)