Scott Boras is the Jay-Z of baseball agents. He is known as MLB’s super agent and has many of the most talented players the league has to offer as clients. His clients Prince Fielder, Matt Holliday, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Magglio Ordóñez, Alex Rodriguez, Stephen Strasburg,Jayson Werth and Barry Zito. He also seeks after representing many of the top first round picks in the MLB’s draft and is credited as a main reason rookies have had such expensive contracts.
Recently, one of the more marquee players in the MLB and one of Scott Boras clients, New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano, has become the latest member of “Roc Nation”. Just like his rap game, Jay-Z is not afraid to brag and will not back down from anyone. This includes Scott Boras, as in Jay-Z’s newest and highly anticppitaed album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, he decides to taunt Boras.
In the song Crown, “ScottBoras, you over, baby. Robinson Cano, you coming with me.”
To that Boras had to say,
“I’m a fan of jazz. And my favorite musician is Bernie Williams. What other musician could play center field for the Yankees and win four world championships?”
It looks like Boras is taking the professional method here, which is the right approach.
- Jay-Z Calls Out Scott Boras by Name, Brags About Signing Robinson Cano in Song on ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ (nesn.com)
- Jay-Z raps about taking Scott Boras’ former client Robinson Cano (tracking.si.com)
- Jay-Z has a Scott Boras dis on his new album (hardballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Jay-Z Reportedly Calls Out Scott Boras on New Album (bleacherreport.com)
- Scott Boras responds to Jay-Z’s diss (ftw.usatoday.com)