The New Orleans Pelicans have been linked to various free agents including New York Knicks Chris Copeland and J.R. Smith, but the first major free-agent off appears to be Tyreke Evans. Tyreke Evans was drafted by the Sacramento Kings and has played there since the 2009-2010 season.
Evans won the 2009-10 NBA Rookie of the Year Award, but has seen his performance decline since then. Last season he averaged 15.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists a game for the Kings.
To me, this deal does not make too much sense as they have a stocked back court. With Austin Rivers, Eric Gordon, Grevis Vazquez, and Jrue Holiday, there does not seem to be a position for Evans to step in. While he can play small forward, it is far from ideal situation as he is only 6’6.
However, the dea is far from being finalized as Tyreke Evans is a restricted free-agent and the Kings are willing and able to match any offer he receives.
- BREAKING: New Orleans Pelicans Interested in Tyreke Evans (thasportsjunkies101.wordpress.com)
- Report: Tyreke Evans Wants To Sign With Pelicans (thacover2.com)
- Tyreke Evans v Kevin Martin (mp06.wordpress.com)
- Tyreke Evans Offered $44 Million By the New Orleans Pelicans (slamonline.com)
- Pelicans Shooting for Tyreke Evans (aaboss.wordpress.com)