According to team sources, per ESPN, the New York Giants and wide reciever Victor Cruz will have a deal prior to the beginning of training camp. While the exact terms are not available, it is reported that the deal will be long-term and that the deal is all but finished.
As of right now, Victor Cruz has signed a free agent tender, worth 2.879 million. This was in response to the lack of success in long-term discussions with the team.
However, it has always been the Giants plan to resign him to a long-term contract as he has been vital to their offense. At the age of 26, he has compiled 2,628 yards and 19 TDs on 168 catches.
Couple this offensive output with the fact that Hakeem Nicks will be in the last year of his deal this coming season, the Giants had a great need to get this deal done.
- Report: Victor Cruz Expected To Sign Long-Term Deal Before Training Camp (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Are The Giants Ready To Show Victor Cruz The Money? (thejvillereport.com)
- Giants confident Victor Cruz will sign new deal before camp (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Wide receiver Victor Cruz, Giants near long-term deal (gantdaily.com)
- Sources: Victor Cruz expected to sign long-term deal (newsday.com)