The Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, and Milwaukee Bucks have finished off a three team deal. In the trade the Clippers get J.J. Reddick and Jared Dudley. The Suns get Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe, while the Bucks simply get two second round picks.
Reddick got a 4 year, 27 million dollar contract out of the trade.
This trade also signals how new Suns GM, Ryan McDonough, aims to completely change the roster. He has started off well, after drafting a highly regarded center in Alex Len and then acquiring him a solid partner in a good young point guard with Eric Bledsoe.
The Clippers on the other hand get a fantastic sharpshooter in J.J. Reddick and another player, Dudley, who is a capable defender and perimeter shooter.
The Bucks simply get more than what they would have gotten had they just let Reddick walk, which was very likely to happen.
- NBA Rumors: Clippers, Mavericks Talking Deal Involving O.J. Mayo? (themercyrule3.wordpress.com)
- Clippers Reportedly Discussing Eric Bledsoe Trade With Bucks and Mavericks (slamonline.com)
- Clippers About To Deal Bledsoe… Finally? (thasportsjunkies101.wordpress.com)
- Sources: Clips consider Redick, Mayo deals (espn.go.com)
- Report: Clippers, Mavericks talking Eric Bledsoe-for-O.J. Mayo sign-and-trade (tracking.si.com)