Adrian Peterson Almost Died From Eating Gumbo

Adrian Peterson recalls the scariest moment in his life, eating gumbo.

Adrian Peterson recalls the scariest moment in his life, eating gumbo.

The man who rushed for over 2,000 yards after recovering from ACL surgery was almost finished off my none other than gumbo. Yes, a gruesome knee injury that hampers most athletes was shook off by Peterson like a paper cut, yet he nearly succumbed to a common food dish.

A main component of the dish is seafood, which Peterson, unbeknownst at the time, is allergic to.

Peterson described the situation to USA Today, “I was eating lunch and gobbled down a couple of bowls of gumbo. Then, 15 minutes later, I’m in my dorm room resting up. My eyes started itching and my throat was swelling up. I could barely breathe.”

Adrian Peterson's Achilles Hell is gumbo. As the dish nearly ended the superstar's life early.

Adrian Peterson’s Achilles Hell is gumbo. As the dish nearly ended the superstar’s life early.

He called his trainer, who subsequently rushed over and used an EpiPen. He was then rushed to the hospital.

Afterwards, Peterson decided to help the product that saved his life. He is now a spokesperson with the maker of the product.

Advertisements

Comment below to share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s